Existing Protection SystemsProtective structures are currently the only effective method to protect workers from machinery rollover:
What is the problem?It is important to point out that there are still far too many farm tractor and machinery fatalities due to the following reasons:
- Farm tractors and machinery fitted with insecure cabins, which become a trap in case of rollovers.
- Farm tractors and machinery with no protective device, due to the age of the tractor.
- Farm tractors and machinery with no protective device, as they have been removed by the owner for being considered an obstacle when accessing sheds, greenhouses, etc.
- Farm tractors and machinery with no protective device, because the damaged structure was not replaced after a rollover.
- Farm tractors and machinery with rollover bars, but due to ease of use or to avoid inconvenience to the owner are kept folded at all times.
- Farm tractors and machinery with protective device but these are too heavy and sometimes double the weight of the tractor.
Air-Rops actual and future solution
In order to mitigate such problems, we have developed an extendable protective structure that is automatically extended, without the intervention of the driver, as soon as the machine overturns, thereby protecting the driver. To improve the performance of the device during rollover, we have developed a structure Air-Rops where the height and width of the structure increases, enlarging the secure space and protecting the driver effectively. However, this protection system is only effective, when combined with other devices, such as seatbelts (passive protection), ensuring the driver remains in the secure space and avoids them being thrown out when overturning.